CHILLER SYSTEM PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
Yearly Inspection Checklist
Don’t wait until it breaks. Both in terms of cost and lost productivity, it is much better to proactively maintain your equipment. Our integrated maintenance solutions allow you to run uninterrupted throughout the year. Why waste your time and money and risk being down when you need your chiller the most—become one of our Preferred Maintenance clients and leave it to us.
- Monitor system for correct phase & volts/amps_________________
- Inspect frame, fit and finish, and proper clearances. 24” from wall.
- Monitor system starting characteristics. Run to settings
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary.
- Measure high and low side system pressures.
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage.
- Inspect all electrical connections & associated controls/accessories, wiring, and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, and other accessories.
- Inspect and test contactors/relays.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage/leaks.
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines/leaks.
- Inspect heat exchanger &/or heating elements.
- Inspect all plumbing fittings in unit for leaks.
- Inspect pumps and filters.
- Test glycol brix______
- Listen for abnormal noises.
- Search for source of unusual odors.
- Inspect coil and cabinet - cleaning available for an additional charge.
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer's specifications.
- Verify thermostat settings and cycle chiller to verify proper sequence of operation upon completion.
- Start and run system under load.
- Install correct label
Suggested services timelines
5 years (or as needed) 10 years ( or as needed)
*Replace Condenser Fan Contactor. *Replace/flush heat exchange
*Replace fan motors. *Replace pumps.
*Replace Pump Contactor. *Replace Liquid Line Filter
Email for a more complete list.