LET US SHOW YOU WHERE THE TIME GOES
Let us show you where the time goes:
Let’s break down your year into hours and show why it is so hard to get things done. We are hearing from everyone. Where does our time go?
Here is how many days you have in 2020 to get everything you need to do done.
Click here to download
You have 252 total days to get everything done in a year, not including sick days, vacations, kid days, and “life happens" days.
Let’s dig deeper:
Most people work 8 hours per day, and at most 252 days each year. That’s 40 hours per week, and 2,016 hours per year to complete all aspects of their job for the year. If you have vacation days or sick days subtract those to get your total hours.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the average American works 8.8 hours every day. Yet a study of nearly 2,000 full-time office workers revealed that most people aren't working for most of the time they're at work.
Of those 40+ hours, the average worker is only productive about 12.5 hours per week. Wait, what?!
The most popular unproductive activities listed were:
- Reading news websites--1 hour, 5 minutes
- Checking social media--44 minutes
- Discussing non-work-related things with co-workers--40 minutes
- Searching for new jobs--26 minutes
- Taking smoke breaks--23 minutes
- Making calls to partners or friends--18 minutes
- Making hot drinks--17 minutes
- Texting or instant messaging--14 minutes
- Eating snacks--8 minutes
- Making food in office--7 minutes
That is 27.5 hours of unproductive time in your 40 hour week. Yep, on average you are productive 31.25% of the time you are working. Let’s assume you are above average and 40% productive. Of the 2,016 average hours worked you are productive for 807 of those.There are countless studies to support this all, not to mention life supports this too.
What can we do?
Here is a great site with some great tips. ( Yes we are breaking the marketing rules and driving you away from our site please come back, we miss you and have tons more great tips on our blog) https://www.thebalancesmb.com/time-saving-rules-to-live-by-2948665
Here is the list from that article and we love this! We will CliffsNotes this for you because we love to save you time.Have a Regular Place for Things
- Review your progress on the specific business goals you've set.
- Cut Down Your To-Do List.
- Set your daily agenda.
- Prioritize your tasks of the day.
- Don't Multitask
- Time block and schedule your time. Stop trying to do everything at once.
- Relearn How to Focus
- Getting into the habit of solely focusing on whatever task you're working on and concentrating on completing it before you move on to something else is a great way to save time in daily life.
- Use a Calendar and Write Down Everything
- "appointment central,"
- Stop Procrastinating
- Trash piles up. Dealing with things when they're smaller not only saves time but makes it much easier on yourself too.
- Plan Your Trips and Consolidate Your Chores
- A trip to one place can be expanded to include other stops that are close to one another.
- Learn to Love Routine
- Routine is the number one way to save time in daily life.
Literally the most important one, be nice to yourself as well as to other people.
Want more?Check out our blog by clicking here, or click any of the direct links below.
- AFTER HARVEST CHECKLIST
- 10 WAYS TO REDUCE DOWNTIME WITH PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE
- IMPORTANT CHANGES COMING IN 2020
- R22 FREON TO BE BANNED IN 2020
- GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR GLYCOL EQUIPMENT
- HOW DO YOU EVALUATE A CHILLER?
- CHILLER SIZING WORKSHEET
- System Audit DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH BTU'S?
Update your info
Are we emailing you at an old address? Did you take over someone's emails? Are we emailing info@ when we should be getting you directly? Click the button below to update your contact information.
Click here to update your contact information
Specials and deals
HUGE DEALS NOW! Up to 10% off selected units! These are the best deals of the year. Don't miss out!
Click here to check out our specials
Pre-season service special
Now is the time for pre-season service. By March every service group starts booking up and the specials are gone! Plus some parts on our competitor’s units can take 4-6 weeks to come in. Better to get that fixed now than be down when you need your chiller most. Click the button below to schedule your service now.
Click here to schedule service now